Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Shirring

I can not believe it , I 've done my first shirring !
And it is so much fun !
For those who have not done this before ,please give it a go ,it looks hard ,but trust  me it is like magic !
You use elastic thread  while sewing the shirred rows, and after that you put the steaming iron on it,
and you will see the fabric  shrinking before Ur own eyes ! It is really great !
Anyway , I love it so much that I will shirr a lot of summer dresses for the Hikkepik range !
Yes I know I am sewing for the summer , sounds mad , because it hasn't stopped raining here in Wellington for six weeks now !
Also, I am trying out reversible dresses , the shirred dresses  and lots of twirly skirts !
Hope these will be ready by summer , as my winter stuff has only just been sewn , and the winter is nearly over !
Better be a head of the season this time, and get sewing !

Cheers ,
Joke

No comments:

Post a Comment