Monday, June 21, 2010

Fabric-a-brac !!!

Last weekend I went to the Fabric a brac in Wellington.
For those who do not know what this is all about ,
it is for people  who have piles and piles of fabric , and like to get rid of some. (usually so they can buy new fabric) So... they sell these fabrics for a fantastic small price ! And my god ! It was absolutely grand , I walked out with three plastic bags full of lovely bits of fabric ,me and my crafty friend Sarah couldn't stop giggling of the happiness we felt of having bought so much fabric  !  So I got home washed and dried all of them ( see picture ) and made a little skirt and top ( see picture below),out of Freerange baby's  fabrics who sold us some lovely cottons and great patterns ! freerangebaby.co.nz
So maybe next time I might sell some of my old fabric ?
Possibly not ,as I am such a hurdler !
So I better get sewing now ,and use some of the lovely pieces .
Joke

2 comments:

  1. hoarded fabric for years. need to clear away for my new hobby, machine knitting.
    good stash of variety
    if u or nayone interested email me at grazyknit@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not long ago i cannot keep your web site before revealing i always genuinely appreciated the greatest premium quality data anyone give to these people? Will probably be going back usually to see brand-new articles.
    Regards: chiffon

    ReplyDelete